Illustrator and Visual Narrative/Bachelor of Design(Hons)in Creative
Media
Yap Guang You/0363730
Project 2/Illustration Poster-MyTiger
Values Art Competition
Illustration Poster
We need to take part in the "MyTigers Values Art Competition". Basing on the
12 SDG goals chosen, we choose one of them and come out an poster design. We
can hand in maximum three, minimum one design for the submission.
Reading is recommended to us for the research.
After finish the research I decided to work with the No.4 SDG goal Quality Education. I do some research on it and I sketch out my idea and let Mr.Hafiz give me some feedback.
My idea is like to make the poster looks like a exercise book covered by the text book and paper, and I add some dictionary tools to let the poster more stick to the theme(Quality Education). The slogan will be "Education Inspire Potential" and I add the subline that said "Ensuring Quality Education for Every Student" so can let the viewer easily get what is the poster trying to tell them.
Mr. Hafiz said that the idea is good and the design was working, but need to be careful do not let the composition looks complex, let the poster to be essential is recommended, to let the viewer can focus on text. Mr. Hafiz told me that I need to more focus on the text, use what I learn at the typography illustration exercise to create my on font for the slogan is required.
After sketching out the idea, I starting to digitalization the sketches, I decided to complete my task with Adobe Illustrator, I decided to go one by one with the elements I need to use, so I place the basic layout of my poster to so I can have a concept for how to finish the task by step.
After placing the layout, I start with the slogan and subline, I sketch out the slogan then use Illustrator to trace the outline so I can have an unique font for my slogan. For the subline, I choose Bradley Hand ITC for the font.
The next step, I work on the other elements of the poster and do some basic coloring for it.
Because I think the poster are too simple, I decided to add some dictionary tools to enrich the whole composition.
I add minor adjustment add the background and the outline for the submission.
Final Submission-Illustrated Poster
But Ms. Noranis give us some feedback for our poster illustration. I let Ms. Noranis see my poster, the feedback I get is bad, boring composition, she said just choose a typeface in adobe to done with the slogan, it make me a bit confuse, she said just need to minimalization my design. I decided to redo my whole poster, I decided to use the elements I already have in my first poster to save the time, I done search some minimalization design online and some book cover image, I decided to do a book cover for my poster.
After finish the research I decided to work with the No.4 SDG goal Quality Education. I do some research on it and I sketch out my idea and let Mr.Hafiz give me some feedback.
|
| Idea Sketches |
My idea is like to make the poster looks like a exercise book covered by the text book and paper, and I add some dictionary tools to let the poster more stick to the theme(Quality Education). The slogan will be "Education Inspire Potential" and I add the subline that said "Ensuring Quality Education for Every Student" so can let the viewer easily get what is the poster trying to tell them.
Mr. Hafiz said that the idea is good and the design was working, but need to be careful do not let the composition looks complex, let the poster to be essential is recommended, to let the viewer can focus on text. Mr. Hafiz told me that I need to more focus on the text, use what I learn at the typography illustration exercise to create my on font for the slogan is required.
After sketching out the idea, I starting to digitalization the sketches, I decided to complete my task with Adobe Illustrator, I decided to go one by one with the elements I need to use, so I place the basic layout of my poster to so I can have a concept for how to finish the task by step.
|
| Progress-1 |
After placing the layout, I start with the slogan and subline, I sketch out the slogan then use Illustrator to trace the outline so I can have an unique font for my slogan. For the subline, I choose Bradley Hand ITC for the font.
|
| Progress-2 |
The next step, I work on the other elements of the poster and do some basic coloring for it.
|
| Progress-3 |
Because I think the poster are too simple, I decided to add some dictionary tools to enrich the whole composition.
|
| Progress-4 |
I add minor adjustment add the background and the outline for the submission.
|
| Final Poster(First Attempts) |
Final Submission-Illustrated Poster
But Ms. Noranis give us some feedback for our poster illustration. I let Ms. Noranis see my poster, the feedback I get is bad, boring composition, she said just choose a typeface in adobe to done with the slogan, it make me a bit confuse, she said just need to minimalization my design. I decided to redo my whole poster, I decided to use the elements I already have in my first poster to save the time, I done search some minimalization design online and some book cover image, I decided to do a book cover for my poster.
|
| Final Submission-Illustrated Poster.jpeg |
![]() |
| Final Submission-Illustrated Poster.Outline View |







.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment