Monday, 26 June 2023

Illustrator and Visual Narrative/Project 1-Exercises

Illustrator and Visual Narrative/Bachelor of Design(Hons)in Creative Media
Yap Guang You/0363730
Project 1/Exercise 1-Exercise 2


Exercise 1-Vormator Character
We need to trace the shapes given and use them to create our own character, the image size was 600px*600px.
The rules need to follow:
  • Can rotate, flip and duplicate the shapes
  • Not obliged to use all the shapes
  • Can scale size, but only proportionally
  • No skewing or free transform
  • No altering the original shapes
  • can add, subtract, intersect and group elements as you see fit
  • Unlimited colour use
  • Can use gradients and texture
  • No outline strokes
  • No background
The first step is to trace out the shapes given, I use pen tools and shapes tool to trace the shapes out.

    Traced Shapes

    After tracing out the shapes, I decided to make my character roughly first to see what it looks like in the .ai files.

    Vormator Character Layout
    So the colour in the first attempts was dark, and after the feedback and the gradients tutorial section, I decided to make some changes on the colour.

    Colour Changes
    This is the colour after making changes.

    Final Submission-Vormator Character
    I make some minor adjustment before I done with the final submission.

    Vormator Character Final Submission-Jpeg
    Vormator Character Final Submission-Outline View


    Exercise 2-Illustrated Typography
    In this exercise we need to use the words generator to help us generate two words, we can generating until the two words we like. The words I get was Owl and Highway.

    We use this wed site to generate our words:
    https://randomwordgenerator.com/pictionary.php

    First, I decided to sketch out my idea.

    Highway Sketches

    Owl Sketches

    After sketching out a few ideas, I choose one final idea for each words. Then I going through the digitalize section.

    Progression 1

    Final Submission-Illustrated Typography
    I keep working on my work, I get feedback and helps from the lectures. I add some 3D model into my words, and make some colour adjustment for them before the submission.
    Illustrated Typography Final Submission-Owl.jpeg
    Illustrated Typography Final Submission-Highway.jpeg
    Illustrated Typography Final Submission-Outline View

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Major Project 2/0363730 Yap Guang You

    Major Project 2/Entertainment Design Ling & Niko: Life as a Monster Cleaner Bachelor of Design(Honous)in Creative Media Yap Guang Yo...