0363730/Yap Guang You
Video and Sound Production/Bachelor of Design(Hons)in Creative Media
Project 1/Sound Dubbing, Sound Shaping
Lecture
Week02/Framing and Storyboard
In this lecture, we learn about different types of framing sizes and shooting
angles. Wide shots will be used to show the important elements to tell the
audience straight forward the location or the surroundings of the character or
subjects. Medium shot, to show expression, normally will show half the body
part of the character. Medium close-up shot, used to let audiences focus on
the expression. Over-the-shoulder shot, showing the p[point of view from
others to the character or subjects, normally from behind. Extreme wide shot,
show a broad view of the surroundings, usually used to show a big environment
or city. Medium wide shot, between medium shot and wide shot, balances the
character's move and the surroundings. Close-up-shot, isolate the most
important part of the subject. Extreme close-up shot, singling out a portion
of the face magnifies a detail and is used to focus the details or increase
the drama or impact. We learned about frontal, side, and 45-degree angles for
video filming, and also eye, low, and high view, each angle will show a big
difference in the composition, but normally it will be keeping the consistency
while changing the angle.
|
| Example/Over-the-shoulder shot |
Week03/Storytelling in Film
In this lecture, we learn the basics of storytelling in the film. Act 1 is to introduce the base elements of the film. Act 2, is leading to the climax. Act 3 is the end of the climax, answering all the problems in the film. Plot point is the things or moves that push the story forward.
|
| Classnote |
Week04/Mise en scene
Mise en scene, includes the visual aspects of storytelling, such as the set
design, lighting, costume, makeup, and the positioning and movement of
actores. In essence, it encompasses all the visual elements that contribute to
the overall look and feel of a film or a theatrical production, shaping the
audience's perception and emotional response. Directors and filmmakers use
mise en scene to create a specific atmosphere, convey themes, and evoke
particular emotions within the audience.
|
| Classnote |
Instruction
Instruction
<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R0XiCiqLMSEJqA0pVmWuSqxWdnns6v9T/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>
Sound Dubbing
In the sound dubbing section, we have been asked to add the dialog and
sound effects to a silent video. We can find the sound effects online,
but we need to work ourselves for the dialog. We need to remake a scene
from the movie 'Munich' with our own sound, first, we need to
decide what sounds we need and record the dialog.
I follow
the stats given for the sound effects adjustments but sometimes I can't
really hear the sounds, so I change the stats to those I can hear. I use
the pitch shifter for the dialog, to let my voice stick to the
characters. It wasn't that hard, because we had already done the sound
effects sheet so we could know what sounds we needed and where we put
they.
Progression 1/Sound Dubbing
Progression 2/Sound Dubbing
Progression 3/Sound Dubbing
Sound Effects Sheet/Sound Dubbing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iFb5Y2Mht2--4Y2tDNRHuGP7_V6n6V-D1LDmR1lWOQY/edit?usp=drive_link
Sound Dubbing
In the sound dubbing section, we have been asked to add the dialog and sound effects to a silent video. We can find the sound effects online, but we need to work ourselves for the dialog. We need to remake a scene from the movie 'Munich' with our own sound, first, we need to decide what sounds we need and record the dialog.I follow the stats given for the sound effects adjustments but sometimes I can't really hear the sounds, so I change the stats to those I can hear. I use the pitch shifter for the dialog, to let my voice stick to the characters. It wasn't that hard, because we had already done the sound effects sheet so we could know what sounds we needed and where we put they.
|
|
Progression 1/Sound Dubbing |
|
| Progression 2/Sound Dubbing |
|
| Progression 3/Sound Dubbing |
Sound Effects Sheet/Sound Dubbing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iFb5Y2Mht2--4Y2tDNRHuGP7_V6n6V-D1LDmR1lWOQY/edit?usp=drive_link
Reflection
In this task, finding the right sound effects took a lot of time but Mr.
Martin let us make the sound effects sheet in the beginning, the sheet did
help me save a lot of time. Placing the track and sharping them isn't that
hard, but adjusting the volumn is a bit confusing me, because if following the
stats that given by Mr.Martin I can't hear the most of the sounds in the clip,
so I just set the stat by myself. I did learn a lot of things from this task,
having a clear plan at the beginning does help a lot during the progress.



No comments:
Post a Comment