Week 5/03.05.2023
Yap Guang You/0363730
Illustration an Visual
Narrative/ Bachelor of Design(Hons) in Creative Media
Lectures
In this week lectures, we learn about 3D, Mr. Hafiz teach us the basic of 3D modeling.
Tutorial
Mr. Hafiz show us how to use the tool to build a nice 3D model, and also bring to the shadow and texture section. Mr. Hafiz also teach us how to turn our 2D typography into a 3D model, also he show us how to turn physical sketches into a digitalization files then edit it in Illustrator and Photoshop.
Figure 5.1 Tutorial Video- How to make 3D Sushi in Adobe Illustrator (Week 5-03.05.2023)
Practical
We practice how make a 3D rainbow using Illustrator, and we using sample files to practice turning text in to 3D.
Typography Illustration
After sketching out my ideas, I started to digitalization them in to an .ai files. It a bit challenge to me, I decided to use the #1 sketches for my "Owl", so I decided to let the letter "w" to be the original one, then I just work on the letter "O" an the Letter "l". Then for the "Highway" I decided to combine all my ideas together to express the word "Highway".
We practice how make a 3D rainbow using Illustrator, and we using sample files to practice turning text in to 3D.
![]() |
| Figure 5.2 My Rainbow 3D modeling (Week 5-03.05.2023) |
Typography Illustration
After sketching out my ideas, I started to digitalization them in to an .ai files. It a bit challenge to me, I decided to use the #1 sketches for my "Owl", so I decided to let the letter "w" to be the original one, then I just work on the letter "O" an the Letter "l". Then for the "Highway" I decided to combine all my ideas together to express the word "Highway".
![]() |
| Figure 5.3 "Owl" and "Highway" Typography Illustration (Week 5-03.05.2023) |



No comments:
Post a Comment