Week03~Week04/17.02.2025~24.02.2025
0363730/Yap Guang You
Bachelor of Design(Hons)in Creative Media
Information Design/Exercise 2
Content
Instruction
In this exercise, we will apply what we've learned in the lecture to transform a set of messages into a visual design using the L.A.T.C.H theory. The poster must be in A4 size.
Idea and References
We have the freedom to choose our theme, so I started by researching and brainstorming ideas. Initially, I considered focusing on a specific product, but that felt too common. Instead, I explored areas of personal interest—anime, games, and sports. I eventually settled on sports and decided to showcase the evolution of a football club to fit the 'T' (Time) in the L.A.T.C.H theory. As an Arsenal fan, I chose Arsenal’s history in the Premier League. However, I realized there wasn’t enough information to fill the design meaningfully. So, I shifted my focus to a player’s career, highlighting their stats and achievements. But then, I found an even better idea—covering all the clubs that have won the Premier League title throughout history. This approach allows me to incorporate multiple aspects of the L.A.T.C.H theory, including 'L' (Location), 'T' (Time), 'H' (Hierarchy), and 'A' (Alphabet).
Then I go looks for references and sketch out the layout ideas
|
| References I found on Pinterest |
|
| References I found on net |
|
| References I found on Pinterest |
|
| My Idea sketch |
Progression
"Then, I began designing my poster, starting with the background. I placed a map of England, along with the title and the Premier League logo, to immediately convey the topic to the audience.
|
| Background Designing |
Next, I added each winning team's logo along with a small Premier League logo to represent their titles. I arranged them according to the seasons they won and used dashed lines to indicate their locations on the map.I decided to uses black and white in my design, so is clear and cool, that fit the vibe of the sport. And also is I don't what the colorful design to attract the attention of the audience from reading the information.
|
| Put in the Information |
This is how the design looks like
|
| After the all the Information Key in |
I found that the design is a bit too plain so I decided to add somethings in the background, like a movement football or a kicking action.
|
| Adding Image in the Background |
Submission
After ensuring the margin and porpotion, I decided to set this as the submission
|
| Final Submission Poster |
Addtion
Lecture & Final Project
Exercise 1









No comments:
Post a Comment