Sunday, 16 February 2025

Information Design/Exercise 1

Week 01-Week 03/03.02.2024-17.02.2024

Yap Guang You/0363730

Bachelor of Design(Hons) in Creative Media/Information Design

Exercise 1


Instruction

In this exercise, we aim to visualize and quantify raw data through photography. This can be achieved by organizing objects, such as a group of LEGO pieces, and separating them based on their colors and shapes.


Progression

Selection & Grouping

I selected hair band with several colors, so I group them based on their colors

Hairband
Grouping based on colors

Attempts

I start expressing my idea using the knowledge from the lecture, first I trying to lay the grouping like a bar chart, but it looks pretty regular for me

Attempt 1

Next I try the to stack the same colors band together cause that what the functions that hair band provide, group your hair togehter. But some of the colors are fewer so the out come doesn't match the expectation I want.

Attempt 2

Next I try the to lay them like a curve line and a stack of straight line, is looks not bad to me, but I found that is lack of labeling and is hard to apply labeling in these two ideas.

Attempt 3
Attempt 4

So I took the idea from second attempt, but make some adjustment on it, and label these colors with colors pencil colors a path using similar colors with the hair band, so it's straigh foward and direct to the viewer, knowing it grouping by colors and what colors is it.

Attempt 5

Final Submission

Final Submission


Lecture & Final Project Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major Project 2/0363730 Yap Guang You

Major Project 2/Entertainment Design Ling & Niko: Life as a Monster Cleaner Bachelor of Design(Honous)in Creative Media Yap Guang Yo...