Week01~WeekXX/23.09.2024~XX.XX.2024
Yap Guang You/0363730
Environment
Design/Bachelor of Design(Hons)in Creative Media
Project 1&Project
2
Introduction and Content
In this project, we will develop a location based on a theme or story from a
game, movie, or cartoon. The focus in to creating an immersive environment
that reflects the narrative and artistic style through design and
visuals.
Submission requirement:Each progression to be drawn on 2000*3000 pixels 150dpi
1:9 ratio landscape for weekly progression. At least 70% completion that
visually communicates and appeals to target audiences.
Content
Project 01
Project 02
Project 1
Inspirations and Idea Development
In this phrase we need to find a game or movie that are 2.5D or 3D as our
based theme and story, some suggestion was given such as
Black Myth:Wukong and Diablo.Then we need to prepare a mood
board contain our inspiration and idea with some sketch of our idea. So I
list out a few choices that I will interested and trying to find out more
options.
I study around and list out the finalize of my selections, which is
Okami HD, Nier: Automata, and Perosona 5. I create a mood board for
exploring possible idea and breaking out the artstyle for these game.
|
Mood board_Art style Breakdown
|
Directions and Sketches
After proceeding the mood board, I decided to work with the game
Okami HD. Because of the unique art style, inspired by traditional
Japanese ink wash painting and folklore and visuals. After playing it during
my semester break, I was captivated by its blend of mythology and visuals. I
hope in this project I can have a chance to explore and integrate Eastern
cultural elements into my environment design, inspired by the game's
aesthetic.
My first idea inspired by the Chinese myth 西游记
(Journey to the west). I plan to create an undersea palaces just like
the 东海龙宫(Dragon Palace of the East Sea) in the story, blending
elements from both Chinese and Japanese cultures, as both feature dragons in
their mythology and traditions. I decided to apply the CEL shading technique
in my artworks, to achieve a stylized look or the environment.
To begin, I conducted research and created a sketch to establish the
fundamental perspective, composition, and basic structure. However, I notice
that my chosen camera angle feels too distant, making it difficult to
showcase the environment and the intricate details of the palace. I plan to
consult with Mr. Kannan next week to get advice on refining the
camera perspective.
|
Sketch_Undersea Palace_01
|
Feedback: Reflect on the purpose of the artwork to guide the design
direction. Create rough sketches to visualize key features and draw a map of
the environment to understand the structure's placement.
Advice given by Mr. Kannan.
I explore few some details idea of my structure, and the some other idea, to
find out the possibility of this project.
|
|
Sketch_Combination_01
|
|
|
Sketch_Combination_02
|
Feedback: Having structure details is the a good start, but come out with the
perspective and composition blocking first. Some method have been given for
how we make our progression, such as perspective drawing practice and
structure drawing practice. Having a main structure first then expand it, this
was recommended. Advice given by Mr.Kannan
|
Structure Sketch_01
|
|
Structure Sketch_02
|
|
Structure Sketch_03
|
Next I work on the sturcture sketches to having a more detail image of my
concept. Then comeout with the compostition and color study, change the
sturcture a bit based on the feedback.
|
Composition 1
|
|
Composition 2
|
|
Composition 3
|
|
Composition 4
|
|
Color study
|
I come out with a few composition and color study, but the it not really
stand out the theme,so I decided to remove the surrounding structure and
focus on the main structure, I decided to add a dock and a status besided,
to make the main stucture more look like a main structure.
|
Refined Composition
|
Project 2
For Saving time, I start my project 2 while project 1 was running, first I do
some reseach, so I decided to create something like battle arena, the so I
sketch out the rough layout of the interior and do the maping.
|
Rough layout__Interior
|
|
Hero item Breaksdown
|
My concept is like creating a praying room, the player can interact with the
hero item and fight with it.
|
Composition ideas layout
|
|
Composition 1
|
|
Composition 2
|
|
Composition 3
|
I started with making out the composition.
|
Rough attemtp
|
|
Item Breaksdown
|
Then I do a rough item breakdsdown and environment study with composition 3.
|
Rough attemtp 2
|
Then basded on the environment study, I make some adjustment on it, adding
banner to increase the mytyrious vibe, but based on the feedback, showing out
the hero item will be better.
|
Rough attempt 3
|
Continue working on the final layout, zooming in the image or increase the
size of hero item might be better, so I work on it, and add some more details.
And also working on the item breaksdown, I decided to use the eastern asia
style pillar and structure in the interior design to represent the theme.
|
Final Layout
|
|
Pillar design_Breaksdown
|
|
Table design_Breaksdown
|
|
Top pillar design_Breaksdown
|
No comments:
Post a Comment