Week01-Week14/25.04.2024-06.08.2024
Yap Guang You/0363730
Anatomy
and Character Sculpture/Bachelor of Design(Hons) in Creative Media
Instructions
Content
Fundamental of Anatomy
We learn about basic of anatomy, we studies about some major muscles and
how they works in different situation, we also learn about the movement of
different section of our bodies. We make some basic practice to increase our
understanding to anatomy, including muscles study and posture learning. For
the muscles study, finding real life references is a good way to study,
cause it can show that the most nature condition of the muscle, and find
some diagrams can help us to increase about how does the muscle connect and
distribute, I try to find different angle of those references to see how
does the muscle works in different movement. For the posture study, a
shirtless real life model can help a lots for our study, it shows the most
direct and nature muscles movement for the body. Then using the technique of
blocking can help to understand and layout the proportions and movement.
3D Character Sculpture
Next section, we need to design our own character and turn it into a 3D sculpture with a proper proportion and muscle texture, we are using Zbrush for the following progression.
Idea Produce
My idea is to create a character with a long weapon, so I decided to create
a katana user with a curly hair style and darker skin tone, which is inspire
by Zoro from One Piece and famous football star
Kylian Mbappe. Then I started with some research for the
references and make a rough sketch about the idea and block the proportions
in Zbrush.
|
|||
| Character idea and Block out |
Muscle details and Hairstyle
Then I move on to the hairstyle and muscle details sections, using masking tools helps a lot during my progression, I find some reference about athletics muscle cause I think a body builder muscle form might not fit my idea(I think it will be too big). I use standard brush and clay buildup brush and also the noise brush to make my hair style and muscle structure.
Clothing and Coloring
Then I move the next section which is clothing, I use masking tools and extract the subtools to done the block out of the clothing then I use clay buildup brush to make the details of the clothes. For the coloring I use the basic paint brush to finish it. After I done the base color, I make the shadow and lighting for the submission.
|
|
Clothing and Coloring(With details and lighting) |
Submission
After making some minor adjustment I make the submission. It's important that
making backup and finding references so you can make sure the progress are on
the right track. If next I have to make somethings similar, I will trying to
make the things easier, such as decrease the numbers of the subtools, too much
of subtools might make a confuse. Familiar with the short cut key also helps a
lots during my progress. But I still make some mistake in this project, I
didn't posture my character before I make the clothing and coloring, it turn
out that I can't make a logical posture without distorting my object cause it
already merge, next time it will be better to make the coloring and clothing
after the posture, and need to think before I merge the subtools together. A
higher dynamesh can let the coloring and detailing works become more easy.





No comments:
Post a Comment