Sunday, 25 June 2023

Digital Photography and Imaging/Project 1:Collage and Digital Imaging

Digital Photography and Imaging/Bachelor of Design(Hons) in Creative Media
Yap Guang You/0363730
Project 1/Collage and Digital Imaging 


Project 1A- Physical Collage
We required to come out three collage design with the elements we have prepared physically. Mr Fauzi will choose the one among three for the final submission. I find my elements in a sport magazine name 411 Football, I decided to make a collage around this England football player name Harry Kane.
Collage Composition #1
Collage Composition #2
Collage Composition #3

Mr. Fauzi choose the #2 composition for my final submission.
Physical Collage Final Submission


Project 1A- Digital Collage Composition
We have be asking for come out three collage design by using the image given from Mr Fauzi, with an A4 size artboard in photoshop. I crop the elements I need by using pen tools and quick selection tools.

Digital Collage Composition #1
Digital Collage Composition #2
Digital Compositition #3

Mr. Fauzi choose the #1 composition to continue with the following sections. We need adjust the color of the collage for the final submission. I let the image be more warm and yellow because I want some retro feeling in the collage.
Digital Collage Final Submission


Project 1B-Digital Imaging(Photo Manipulation)
In this task we need to crop Shazam out and place it into an indoor area. Then we need to replace shazam with our own photo in the next step.
Progression-1
I follow the tutorial video provided, the first step is crop Shazam out from the movie poster then copy and paste into the indoor area image.

Progression-2
Then place Shazam in the place we like, I place my Shazam in the same place in that show in tutorial video, so it will be more easier to follow the step.

Progression-3
Then I continue with the color matching section to let Shazam more integration with the background.

Progression-4
The next step is adding some shadow to let the image looks more realistic. I use brush tool and filter to done with the shadow.

Progression-5
The last step is the reflection in the floor, just duplicate the Shazam and reflect it. Then mask the reflection place with pen tools, then adjust the color with the image adjustment tools, last add some blur effect with the filter so it looks more realistic. The next step is replace the Shazam with our own photo, the step was same.
Final Image(My Own Version)

Final Image(Shazam Version)


Project 1B-Digital Imaging(Recoloring Black and White)
We need to recoloring the photo given by using brush tool in photoshop, it took a long time for me to finish it because I am not really familiar to the brush tool, and also I can really use the color well because I don't know what is the original color is.
The Original Image

Image after Recoloring

Then we need to recolor another image given by using selection tools and mask and layer tools. Three image was given to us, one is the black and white image and the another two are the color reference.
Black and White Image
Hair color
Skin color

I follow the tutorial by step to make I learn everything that Mr. Fauzi trying to teach us, it a bit hard from the beginning because it hard to control the selection tools, but after I familiar with it, the task became easy.
Progression-1
Progression-2

Progression-3
Final Image

I found that we can really see the different with naked eyes if the color was too light under the color blending option(soft light).

Then we need to repeat the all the move in the previous part, but using another image provided and finding the reference ourself. I choose the Lisa image because it easy to find the reference online. Then I follow all the step that Mr. Fauzi show us in the re-coloring section.
Color Reference
Original Image

Final Image


No comments:

Post a Comment

Major Project 2/0363730 Yap Guang You

Major Project 2/Entertainment Design Ling & Niko: Life as a Monster Cleaner Bachelor of Design(Honous)in Creative Media Yap Guang Yo...