Tuesday, 24 September 2024

Game Art/Final Compilation

Week01~WeekXX/25.09.2024~XX.XX.2024
Yap Guang You/0363730
Game Art/Bachelor of Design(Hons)in Creative Media
Project 1


Introduction and Content

Introduction

We need create our exploration design based on a game we choose, such as world, original character and weapons.

Content

  • Proposal

  • Character idea

  • World Creation

  • Character 3D


Proposal

I decided to focus on character design this time, and I choose the game Guilty Gear, cause I think the character design in the game was fun and have potential to explore more.

Proposal Slide


Character ideas

We need to have 3 character ideas,after brainstorming, I decided to have the main charcter, villian character and a robotic character.

Character 1__Rough weapons design
Character 1__Rough design
Character 1__Creature idea
Character 1__Rough facial design
Character 1__Creature idea 2
Character 1__Battle style showcase and facial design
Character 1__Weapon and refinement
Character 1__Color study
Character 1__Primary color

My first charcter design idea, which is designing a main character that battle using music, it was a summoner tye of character, so I work with the color study, weapon design. The theme of this character was Miko, so a kimono and short skirtks can represent the theme well. And the theme colors, I decided to go with blue or red, to let this main character stand out.

Character 2__Details Breaksdown
Character 2__Color study

The next character idea was a robotic character, I am trying to create a robot boxer, adding fans and cable to increase the tech vibe on the character. The head was a led screen that can show the expression of the character which was the key feature of this character.

Character 3_Rough design
Character 3__Details breaksdown
Character 3_Colors study
Character 3__Final color

The final character design idea, was creating a villian saber characer whit the color theme black, but I also want to show some cuteness in this chracter, so trying to use red and pink color in the design. This design trying to represent some edgy feeling on the character. And she is battling using sword and power of the nature, so adding some nature element in the design might represent the feeling.


World Creation

I decided to create a battle arena for the character, first idea is a ancient in forest for the main character and the second idea is for my villian character. A tree log surrounded by sword, represent the nature and sword staff on the villian character

Idea 1_Forest ancient
Idea 2_Wood log arena
Idea 2_Surrounded sword idea
Idea 2_Rough painting

Character 3D

Then we need to proceed to the character scuplting section, I decided t go with character number 3 which is the villian saber, because I think this chracter was fun to work on.

Character 3D_Blockout
Character 3D_Detail and cloths

First I start with a very quick block out, then proceed to adding clothing and details on is, use move brush and clay build up to done the majority of this design.

Character 3D_Colors

Then I fix the leg and the hand based the feedback, and jump into the coloring section, following the color theme in the character design section, which is black and red.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Major Project 2/0363730 Yap Guang You

Major Project 2/Entertainment Design Ling & Niko: Life as a Monster Cleaner Bachelor of Design(Honous)in Creative Media Yap Guang Yo...