Sunday, 7 May 2023

Illustration and Visual Narrative- Week 4

Week 4/26.04.2023
Yap Guang You/0363730
Illustration and Visual Narrative/ Bachelor of Design(Hons) In Creative Media


Lecture
This week lecture, we have a briefing and for our next two project, "Typography Illustration" and "Illustration Poster".

Typography Illustration- We need to use the link given to generate two random words then use them
                                            to finish our "Typography Illustration". We can come out one design for
                                            each words or can combine two words into an illustration design.

Illustration Poster- We need to take part in the "MyTigers Values Art Competition". Basing on the 12 
                                  SDG goals chosen, we choose one of them and come out an poster design. We can
                                  hand in maximum three, minimum one design for the submission. Reading is
                                  recommended to us for the research.


Tutorial
The tutorial part, Mr Hafiz show us how to use the text tool to place font and make minor adjustment to the font. Then Mr Hafiz teach us how to use pencil tool,  we can let the line smoother using smooth tool. Shaper tool and Width tool is also shown to us to let our illustration works carry out smoothly. Mr Hafiz also show us how to join a path and convert a line in to a path.|

 
Figure 4.1 Pencil tool Tutorial Video (Week 4-26.04.2023)


Practical
We use the .ai file to practice our pencil tool and get familiar that what Mr Hafiz just show us.





Figure 4.2 Pencil Exercise .ai file (Week 4-26.04.2023)



Typography Illustration
I generate a few group of words. Finally, I choose the words "owl" and "highway". I decide to sketching out my idea first. Then I digitalization my idea using Adobe Illustrator. After sketching out a few ideas, I decided to let them be more details so I can clearly know what I need done to turn them into digitalization. 

Figure 4.3 Owl Ideas Sketches (Week 4-26.04.2023)


Figure 4.4 Highway Ideas Sketches (Week 4-26.04.2023)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major Project 2/0363730 Yap Guang You

Major Project 2/Entertainment Design Ling & Niko: Life as a Monster Cleaner Bachelor of Design(Honous)in Creative Media Yap Guang Yo...